I HAVE MISSED YOU SO

Photo Credit: Woodnote Photography

Surprise, I am back!  I wasn't sure when this return would be, and if we are being honest, I truly wasn't sure I was coming back.   You see, one day I took a good hard honest look at my blog and thought, "This ins't me.  Why am I blogging?"  So I slowed down, then stopped.  Two words have been moving in my heart for the past few months and I knew I could not keep blogging if I was going to listen to it: Authenticity and Intentionality. 

At first posting everyday was fun, then it became a chore.  If you don't already know, I have a busy full-time job, am a part time photographer, youth group leader, crossfitter, and activity enthusiast, among other things, and I realized I could not do it all. I could not do it all authentically and while living intentionally.  Something had to go, and out went blogging.  It was then I had time to reflect, find quiet time, and rekindle what I was truly passionate about. 

I told myself if I came back, I would be authentic. I would post about my passions and not just to post.  I would stop being fearful and be real.  So that is the goal! To post sparingly, but authentically.  To share my passion for photography, my new found love for design, and tips on living intentionally while looking through the lens of gratitude, simplicity, and faith. 

I have missed you all and hope you will still be part of the journey as I continue to make changes around The FailteHouse!

Also, I will pop in soon (not sure when, as I need to finish my new website!) and let you know about the new blog design, branding, and the lovely people I worked with to make it all come together.  (I am still working on linking up my sidebar and menu items, but they will all be functioning eventually!)

With a grateful heart, 
XOXO always!

Sheila

17 comments:

Irfan Butt :

very nice post..
http//fashionwithfitness.blogspot.com/

Kristina :

Sheila, I'm so happy to see you are back :) It's been a lonely blogland without you ;-) I love the new look and can't wait to see how the FailteHouse is going to evolve. I know you'll do amazing things! xoxo

Tara :

We all feel that way sometimes I think!? At least I know I do!

Welcome back!

Rachel K :

Such a good picture. Great post.xxx

Allie :

So excited to have you back! I just love your blog and this new look is great. :)

Milynn {Love + Whimsy} :

Welcome back :) I am loving the new look here and the direction you are going now with your blog.

Anna @ IHOD :

I am happy you are back and sharing things you love! YAY!

thompson :

yeah! glad to see you back :) and i agree--sometimes you just need to have a break and take a moment to yourself!

Lindsay @ Trial By Sapphire :

Welcome back! I feel the same way. I work full-time, go to grad school part-time, volunteer with my local farmers market... and post on my blog far less frequently. However, I've noticed that when I do write something, it's so much more meaningful now.

Simply Splendid LOVE :

Hello sweet friend. Wow! Love the clean look and the new outlook on your blog. I totally admire you for wanting your intentions to be real and authentic. I'm in the same position you were I guess on trying to figure out if I'm coming back. I certainly enjoyed it and loved the friends I met (hence meeting you), but yes, it became a chore. You may have inspired me. We'll see. I can't wait to see your new website. And I have totally been loving your home decor ideas you've been pinning recently. I must say we have very similar styles!! Until next time...anica

Sheila@TheFailteHouse :

Kristina! You are the sweetest, you are! I truly love your support, I hope you know that :) And I kinda owe you an email too! Thank you - and thanks for sticking out the long return. I won't be posting as much, but hopefully what I do post will be genuine! Miss your comments too :) XOXO

Kristin :

Ahhhhhh!!!!!!! I'm head over heels!!!!!! Love, love, love this design Sheila, and am so glad you're back :-). I've missed you here in blogland friend! I feel like our blogs are sort of "sisters" because of our deep hearts cry for living intentionally. So excited to see what the future holds!

Megan :

I am so happy that you are back! Cannot wait to read your future posts!

Are you still planning to travel to SA?

Anonymous :

This is my first time go to see at here and i am in fact pleassant to read all at one place.


Here is my weblog; House Alanya for sale
my web site - Off-Plan Properties in Turkey

Mia Maree :

Excited to see more! The new design is absolutely gorgeous!

-Mia
www.msmiamaree.com

Anonymous :

Grеat blog you haѵе here.. Ιt's difficult to find high quality writing like yours these days. I truly appreciate people like you! Take care!!

Here is my blog post: farmville 2 cheats

Liesl :

So, so happy to have YOU back, we missed you, too!!! <3

« »
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

The FailteHouse All rights reserved © Blog Milk Powered by Blogger

 
Pin It button on image hover